Track Your Shipment

Move On Logistics Corp.
3445 Lawson Blvd.
Oceanside, NY 11572

Phone: (516) 763-4771
Fax: (516) 763-4742

Frequently Asked Shipping Questions

Shipping Containers
How and when do I pay?
How do I get a quotation?
What documents are required to ship my vehicle?
Do I receive my documents back?
Will there be anybody to assist me when my vehicle arrives at destination country?

How and when do I pay?

If you are delivering your Shipment/Vehicle yourself to a our warehouse, payment must be received in our offices right after you have made the delivery. If we pickup at your home then we will usually email you an invoice which is due upon receipt. All shipments are prepaid usually before it departs. Payments can be made in the form of a wire transfer, cashier’s check, credit cards, cash and personal check.

How do I get a quotation?

When requesting a price for your shipment. Send us an email through this site or call us directly. The most important detail is that your request state origin, destination, pieces, dimensions, and description of the items being shipped. The same applies to vehicles plus the make, model and year. It is also important to state whether the vehicle is in running or non running condition.

What documents are required to ship my vehicle?

The documents you will need are:

a. The original Certificate of Title of Ownership of the vehicle without a Lien recorded on the Title. If the title indicates a Lien Holder, then a lien release letter must accompany the title.

b. If the vehicle is used or pre-owned the existing Certificate of Title can be endorsed by the seller to the new owner. No Sales Tax is payable to the Seller and proof of export will be given to the Seller if requested.

c. Depending on which Port the vehicle will sail from, you may need a Bill of Sale or a Notarized Bill of Sale.

d. If you are in the Military, Government or State service and there is a Lien recorded on the vehicle, the Lien Holder needs to give permission to export the vehicle. This permission must be an Original Letter from the Lien holder together with 3 certified copies of the Certificate of Title. You will also need to present your Military orders or a letter from the Government or State authority.

e. When a new vehicle is purchased, an Original Manufacturers Certificate of Origin (MSO)must be obtained from the Dealership instead of a title . Please note that some countries do not accept the import of the vehicle or make it extremely difficult to import with only the MSO. A Bill of Sale is also required.

g. For some ports in Florida, you will need a Power of Attorney giving the clearing agents permission to clear your documents on your behalf.

Do I receive my documents back?

Yes, All your original documents are sent to US Customs for export clearance and then sent to the office in destination if we are handling the customs entries overseas. In this case they will be returned to you with the car or sent via courier to your home once we receive them back from Customs. If you are handling your own customs formalities in destination then we will send the documents directly to you.

Will there be anybody to assist me when my vehicle arrives at destination country?

Yes, we have customs clearing agents at all destination ports that assist you with the offloading and clearance of your cargo. If you are shipping your cargo in an exclusive container, you may sometimes have the option of hiring your own customs agent at the destination port.

Do I need a driver's license and foreign vehicle registration to drive in a foreign country?

You should get an International Driver’s License from the AAA Automobile Association in your area. Your American Driver’s License will suffice in Europe. As a tourist or temporary resident, you can drive with your American license plates in a foreign country until your registration for that year expires. However you US insurance company may not insure the car overseas. You should check with them prior to exporting the car. In this case you must get it insured with a foreign company for your stay overseas.

Can anybody pick up the vehicle at the destination Port?

You can nominate any person to pick up the vehicle at the destination Port. You must advise us of this a few days prior to the sailing of the date so that we can enter their name as the Receiver or Consignee. They will be required to identify themselves with a picture ID as well as produce the Title of Ownership and a letter of permission to pick up the vehicle. There is a charge by the shipping line if you notify us of any changes after your cargo has been loaded on the vessel. We can also arrange for the vehicle to be delivered via flatbed truck directly to your doorstep.

Do we offer Marine Insurance?

Yes, we do offer Marine Insurance. We provide full coverage Marine Insurance. This covers you against any major dents or damage or loss to part of the vehicle while the shipping vessel, with your cargo laden on board, is on the water. Ask us about the different coverage’s available. With Roll on Roll off shipments no goods are permitted in the vehicles so only the vehicle will be insured.

With shared or exclusive container shipments, personal goods are allowed to be packed in the vehicle and in the container but the goods are not insurable against any damage. The personal goods will be insured against total loss only. The vehicle will be insured for damage and or total loss but will not be insured against damage that is caused by goods packed in the vehicle. For the personal goods to be covered, you will need an itemized packing list of the goods packed in each box and a total count of the boxes and their value. You also need to include the last 6 digits of the vehicle's VIN on the packing list. This itemized list must be attached to the original Title, presented and signed for at the terminal when the goods are delivered.

With exclusive containers self loaded by the customer, Marine Insurance will only cover total loss.

Total loss cover is when the container is lost or mishandled and the goods in the container are deemed to be damaged to the extent that they cannot be recovered or repaired.

Am I able to load my vehicle with personal possessions?

If you ship your vehicle in a shared container, you may not pack goods into the vehicle. If you ship your vehicle in a container on its own (exclusive container), you can pack the vehicle and the container with your goods. These goods can be insured only against loss. Goods not declared or not fully disclosed on the packing list may result in duties, taxes and penalties imposed by customs at origin and at destination.

For personal goods shipped in a container, you will need an itemized packing list of the goods packed in each box and a total count of the boxes and their value. You also need to include the last 6 digits of the vehicle's VIN on the packing list. This itemized list must be attached to the original Title of Ownership and must be presented and signed for at the terminal when the goods are delivered.

Am I able to load my vehicle with personal possessions if the vehicle is being shipped RoRo?

If your vehicle is being shipped on a Roll on Roll off vessel, you are NOT permitted to pack any goods in your vehicle.

Do I need insurance to travel on the roads in foreign countries?

Yes, you do need insurance to drive on the roads in foreign countries. We recommend you can arrange your insurance prior to the pickup of your vehicle at the port because your US company policy may not cover your travel overseas.

Are containers airtight?

Containers are not airtight. It is possible that your possessions will be slightly affected by changes in temperature and humidity depending on the transit time of your shipment. However this is a rare situation and probably 98% of the time there are no effects.

Should I remove my license plates and registration tags from my vehicle before shipping?

When your vehicle is shipped in a Roll on Roll off vessel, we recommend that you remove your license plates and registration tags when dropping off your vehicle at the port or prior to the vehicle being picked up by the trucking company. You can replace them when picking up your vehicle at the destination port. If you are entering Europe as a tourist or non-resident, you may drive with your American license plates and registration tags until they expire. If you are not returning to the USA, after the registration tags expire, you should removed the license plates with the registration tags and mailed back to the Department of Motor Vehicles in the State of registration. If they require an Export Bill of Lading to prove that the car was exported, we will provide one to you.

Are you able to guarantee delivery dates?

We are able to give you expected departure and arrival dates. Delays seldom occur but they do occur. Some of the reasons why there may be delays are due to US Custom delays, Port congestion, sailings cancelled, union strikes or delays because there is not enough freight to complete a shared container, ships being over booked or re-routed and weather conditions. There are no refunds or price deductions due to any delays.

Do I pay import duties and taxes in the destination country?

Please note that returning citizens or foreign buyers may be subject to import duties and taxes imposed by the destination country. Each country has different laws so we urge you to contact the Embassy of the destination country concerned to clarify matters. We will be available to advise you on some countries.

What is a Roll on Roll off (RoRo) vessel?

This is a large sailing vessel that carries all vehicles that have wheels and can be driven or towed. It is like a large sailing parking lot. The vehicles are stored below deck and are not open to the elements. This is the chosen method manufacturers use to transport new vehicles. For a vehicle to be transported in a RoRo vessel, it must be able to drive or roll, steer and brake. There is an additional charge if the vehicle rolls, steers and brakes but does not drive. A vehicle such as a trailer can also be sent RoRo if it can be towed.

What level of gas should be left in my vehicles gas tank?

You must keep the level of the gas at 1/4 of a tank or less. For safety, full tanks will be emptied. There will be a cost to drain gas tanks in vehicles that are delivered with more than 1/4 tank of gas.

What is a customs clearance broker?

A customs clearance broker is a person or company that will process the documentation and the vehicle through the import formalities of the country of destination. We suggest you employ their services to make it easier for you. Depending on the country, we can sometimes provide you with contact information for a customs clearance broker in the destination country.

What are destination charges?

These are charges for the offloading of the vehicle and documentation fees charged by the destination agents and the destination country. Each country differs. Container discharge and offloading fees are more than Roll on Roll off discharge fees.

Who pays for the inspection by US Customs?

Export Customs clearance fees are included in the price we quote you. Documentation should be cleared by US Customs prior to the loading of the vehicle for export. You need to properly follow our instructions regarding your documentation. All costs associated with you not following our instructions will be for your account. It happens very rarely but there are times when US Customs call for a container to be returned from the Port to be re-inspected. The costs relating to this re-inspection are shared equally by the vehicle owners of each vehicle packed in that container. The same applies for an physical inspection in destination.

Do you provide trucking services?

Yes, if your vehicle can fit onto a vehicle transport carrier we can arrange to have your vehicle picked up at your location and transported in an open or closed carrier and have it delivered to the loading port or terminal.

What are the sizes of the shipping containers?

There are limitations when shipping your cargo in a container. The limitations include size, weight and contents. The internal dimensions of a 20ft container are approximately 19.5ft long by 7.5ft high and 7.5ft wide. The weight limit for a 20ft container is approximately 20,000 pounds. The internal dimensions of a 40ft container are approximately 39.5ft long by 7.5ft high and 7.5ft wide. The weight limit for a 40ft container is approximately 40,000 pounds. You may not ship any combustible materials and you are limited by what the destination country will allow you to import.

What am I allowed to ship?

It is the Sender's and/or Receiver's responsibility to make sure that the cargo that is being exported is permitted to be imported into the destination country. Some of the limitations for vehicles can be vehicle age, left hand drive or right hand drive and is the vehicle new or used. There can also be limitations on personal belongings. Each country has its own import rules and regulations that do change. Before you arrange to ship your vehicle or belongings you must make sure that the goods you want to export are permitted to be imported into your destination country.

How much time do I have to load my container?

If we send the container to your home for a Liveload, the driver will wait until you finish loading and return to the port with the container. He first 2 hours are included and additional hours are at $ 75/hr

Can I keep the container for a weekend to load?

This service is called and quoted as a Drop & Pick. We will deliver the container usually Friday and pickup Monday morning. You are responsible for parking space, permits, parking tickets or complaints. The space required on your drive way or street is about 100 ft for a tractor and trailer. The container will be left on top of it’s chassis / wheels which are 50” from the ground height for loading. See pictures in our Photo gallery.

Can I load my own car and personal effects?

Yes, If you feel that you are physically capable and skilled to perform the job, we will walk you through it. The car must be loaded with a flat bed at 50” off the ground and braced completely on every wheel. The battery must be disconnected and minimum gasoline of 1/8 or less in the tank. If you load household goods in the same container, then a plywood wall with 2x4 wood must be built to secure all items before loading the car and keep them from falling and shifting during transit.

How long must I own my car before I can export it and enter it duty free?

In most countries a returning citizen of that country may import his/her car duty free so long as it is their personal vehicle which they are returning with. The vehicle must be titled in that person’s name minimum 6 months prior to the export date. If you purchase a new car with less then 6 months then you will be subject to pay import duties. The shipper will also require a consulate letter for a returning citizen (Baja Consular), copy of passport, citizen ID (DNI).

Can I build a crate and put all my belongings into it?

We encourage you to pack and crate all your personal effects in the safest way possible. A crate is highly recommended. The problem is that when we pick it up at your home it may be too heavy to lift manually. Unless you can deliver it to our warehouse where we can unload it with a forklift in which case the weight doesn’t matter. We prefer to pickup loose cartons which one person can safely handle. We will the consolidate all your cartons on a wooden pallet and shrink wrap them tightly together as one large piece similar to a crate which is lifted by a forklift. The entire pallet is delivered to you home and then broken down to enter your home.

Does the weight of my boxes matter?

Weight is important as is the Volume of the box. In ocean freight weight doesn’t matter because everything is charged by volume. Please be considerate that if you can’t lift it neither can we.

How do I calculate volume?

Volume is calculated by multiplying Length x Width x Height and dividing by 1728. This will give you the cubic feet volume. You can then divide the cubic feet by 35.32 to calculate the cubic meters.